By swapping jets we found 9 more horsepower at the wheel. I had her running a bit too lean at idle and progression and we fixed that as well.
I post the jet setting for the 45DCOE later as well as the dyno sheets.
|On track at Harris Hills Road|
|Bill adjusting the timing|
|Trying to figure out what we figured out...|
|This is never a good sign|
|Running much better than where we started|
|A little help from my friends|
|new bushing installed|
|Motor and gearbox going back into car|
|Old gearshift bushing and new kit|
Another nice touch, was the heavy duty master kill switch. It's the real beefy all metal kind.
|For some reason, I can't seem to find a headlight switch...|
|Surprise! Custom main bearing caps!|
|Surprise! Venoila Pistons!|
|Surprise! Double row vernier timing chain gear set|
|Bolt on left stripped, bolt on right 9/16"|
|Bolt too long, hitting custom main bearing cap. The washer is even loose.|
Had this piece of metal broke free, it would have been a very expensive day...
|Ruby's dual Weber 40 DCOE carbs|
|DCOE parts laid out for cleaning|
|ready for rebuilding|
|Ready to rock and ROAR!|
|On her way to her new home|
|tie one on... or off|
|In her new home|
|drive dog position|